String Splice Time

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:04:46 -0500

Richard,

When you replace a bass string, do you order a custom-made string which you install
at a later appointment, or do you use universal replacement strings?

Most often I use the universal replacement, because I hate the look of string knots,
and ordering a custom replacement is pricey unless the piano is worth it.  But I
really have not liked the tone I sometimes get from the universal strings.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger