What is and what is not a piano tuner .

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:07:59 -0600

>You need a slightly larger dictionary, my friend.

No doubt about it, and more brain cells to go with it. Meanwhile, I use the
tools I have. Actually, I first heard the word used by a "doctor" in my
presence who didn't expect to have me stop him in mid pontification for a
definition of terms. He probably needs a bigger dictionary too. Heck, he
might even make a good piano tuner if he doesn't have too many brain cells
to qualify. <G> (I'm not going to ask him)

>The Greek root "idios",
>in this case, refers to one's own and idiopathic would be "an independent
>disease, neither induced by nor related to another disease; a sponteneous
>or primary disease".  An unknown disease would be just that,  the
>idiopathic designation would be more properly affixed after research proved
>it so.

Well that fits too, since I was talking about assessment after the fact,
and the doctor I mentioned was too. The point of course being that the
method isn't the product.

>In an idiotic mishmash of almost definitions, one could say that we are
>idiosyncratic ideologists ideally emparting idiotypical idiosyncratic
>temperaments on idiomorphic instruments, eh?

One could - possibly two.

Ron N