What is and what is not a piano tuner (was Re: The FinalResult)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:59:04 EST

Robin wrote;
<<"I can't wait to see the definition of a "hanging partial".....
Robin">>

Robin;
 As a citizen of recount paradise I feel that I am qualified to answer this
implied question.......
Hanging Partial: That series of coincidental and consequential nodes
representing various physical divisions of any given tone. These divisions
may be counted or assumed given the proper circumstances...but care must be
taken when a "partial" is almost but not quite clearly audible.
NOTE: Adherants of the ET party and of the HT party tend to count these
"hanging partials" differently according to the circumstance prevailing at
any given time.
Sincerely;
 Chad Counter, tuner drudge