Acrosonic

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:31:02 EST

In a message dated 12/15/00 4:14:39 PM Central Standard Time,
lesbart1@juno.com writes:

<< Can anyone guess as to why someone would put a set of jiffy-leads on a
 perfectly miserable Acrosonic? They're on the keys, on the action side of
 the balance rail. The hammer springs are very strong, and the action
 seems to move freely. I didn't have my Pierce, and don't have the SN, so
 don't know when it was built, though I'm guessing 50's.

 The folks who have this thing paid a major premium for this thing about
 twelve years ago, so I have no idea of it's history. My only guess is
 that the action might have frozen up, years ago, and the leads forced
 thingies to work.  I'm lost, but curious.
 thanks
 les bartlett >>

Jiffy leads will make the keys feel heavier. Perhaps someone wanted more of a
"grand" feel. The other times I have found the leads is where there has been
a lot of lost motion. The previous technician presumable thought the best way
to solve that "loose" feeling of lost motion is to put weight on the ends of
the keys.

Try taking some of them off, and adjust the lost motion. See if the customer
likes the new feel of her piano.

Willem