maybee it is best.

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:18:31 -0800

Hello, Martin

>the tuner i met today said that i can learn very well by my self, without
>a teacher..

I suggest that you find the very best teacher you can, and that you also
find as many good professional tuners as you can, and spend a lot of time
with them. Consider that a self-taught tuner may feel that he has learned
very well without a teacher only because he is unaware of how little he
knows, and how much he is missing.

There is far more to tuning and working on pianos than just setting a
temperament. I have followed work done by people who thought that if they
just bought one of the electronic tuning machines, and used it to set the
temperament, that was all they needed to go out and start making money as a
piano tuner. The results were not pretty.

Get good professional training, and work hard to make the most of it.
Investing in yourself is never money wasted.

Susan Kline