Tuning Test

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:52:27 EST

In a message dated 12/14/00 6:58:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

> In a message dated 12/13/00 9:36:03 PM Central Standard Time,
> DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
> writes:
>
> << I agree hold heartily, Wim, but my point is that because I am also an
> aural
> tuner, my ear saved the week.
>
> I had no way of knowing that the SAT was going out. It charged up very well
> the week before.
>

> Dave Peake, RPT >>
>
> I am not suggesting that tuners not know how to tune aurally. Eventually,
> those that tune only with a machine are going to left out in the cold. An
> ETD
> is a tool, and, as with any tool, if you don't know how to use it, it's no
> good.
>
> Willem

I see your point. Here is another reason to be an aural tuner as well as an
ETD tuner. You mentioned that a person who totally relies on an ETD, should
it go out, he or she should rescheduled, borrow an ETD from someone else.
Then he or she loses income due to a hole in the schedule even though the
appointment was rescheduled.

An aural tuner will put the machine down and tune aurally without having to
reschedule and lose the income. Time is money, and lost time is no money.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR
www.davespianoworks.locality.com