Clean up?

David Ilvedson, RPT ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:52:48 -0800

List,

Are we talking about cleaning with strings on?  If so are there any rust
concerns?

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Beaton <rbeaton@initco.net>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Thursday, December 14, 2000 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: Clean up?

CLEANING
There is a tech in Seattle named Wm J. Smith who demonstrated a good method
of cleaning tuning pin area.
Spray foam rug cleaner all over the area.  Then with a stiff brush work
around the area to loosen the dirt. Then place pads of gauze and poke it
down on top of the pins and with the same brush wiggle it around and remove
it. You may have to repeat, but it sure works.
Dick RPT MT