Pin Torque minimum standard?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:01:58 -0500

Measurements of torque are unimportant.  What is important
is, will it stay in tune.  If it will then the pins are
tight enough whatever the torque.  I have tuned,
successfully, pins that were so loose they would drop like a
rock the moment I put the hammer on the pin because that
minimum shock would free the pin yet when I got it where I
wanted it and eased off the pin it would stray and stay and
stay and stay.  Torque would have been unmeasurable.  If it
won't stay it is too loose.
--
		Newton Hunt
		Highland Park, NJ