Tuning Test

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:52:10 EST

In a message dated 12/13/00 9:24:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

> Not relating this to the tuning exam per se, but if you rely on an ETD,
> then
> a tuner should be very sure that the instrument is working properly, and
> juiced up all the time. If the instrument has to go to a shop for repairs,
> preparations should be made to obtain a replacement.
>
> If by chance, a machine does break down, a new appointment can be set up.
> Unless it is a concert situation, a customer can wait a couple of days for
> the piano to be tuned. If it is a concert situation, then it would be the
> tuner's responsibility to find another machine, or find someone who has a
> machine.
>
> It is called being prepared. The ETD is part of your tool kit. A competent
> tuner/tecyhnicaisn should make sure all his/her tools are working properly,
> all the time.
>
> Willem

I agree hold heartily, Wim, but my point is that because I am also an aural
tuner, my ear saved the week.

I had no way of knowing that the SAT was going out. It charged up very well
the week before.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR