Clean up?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:22:48 -0500

At 03:53 PM 12/13/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Any tips on cleaning around the tuning pin areas of a grand. It's slow
>going. I've tried a stiff brush and Naphtha. Also 409 cleaner.. Keep
>coming back to cotton tips and scrubing with Naphtha..
>Piano is in my shop, so no customer smell concerns.
>Rich

Commercial degreaser available from a hardware store or janitorial supply.
Dilute to your desired strength.

White Scotch Bright cut into bite-size pieces and secured onto forceps.

With the degreaser in an open container; dunk the S-B and tap excess off.
Fastidiously scrub the area between the pins (have a comfortable bench).

Clean an area or section.

Remove residue with a similar sized piece of cloth and degreaser in the same
manner, wipe dry with another small, dry piece held in the forceps.

A good job for the 'new guy'.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.