Different Pitch Raising Sequence

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:41:19 EST

In a message dated 12/12/00 10:04:16 PM Central Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Seems to me this is a good way to approach the piano with an elevated
 potential for popping strings during a pitch raise. Any thoughts? Are there
 any procedures that others have found to be valuable?

 Terry Farrell >>

First of all, any piano that is more than 50 years old, whether it is a grand
or an upright, that is more than 50 cents low, will not get a pitch raise of
more than 25 cents. This mostly eliminates string breakage. If a customer
insists the piano be brought up to pitch, I will explain it will be at their
discretion, and that I will not be held responsible for anything that might
happen to the piano. (I have never had a customer challenge me.)

I pitch raise starting in the middle of the piano, and go up, and then down.
I have found the piano to be more stable in the long run, than if I did it
according the directions. Although Dr. Sanderson has stated it doesn't make
any difference, I am more comfortable with this method, and think it does
make a difference.

Willem