SAT Mystery

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:06:49 -0600

Dear Walter,

I don't agree with your statement.  The SAT is an excellent tool to
assist one in his learning to tune by ear. Jim Coleman has recently put
out a video that explains some of the ways it can be used. Many of us
are studying by our self and can use the Sat to check either a completed
temp. or each of the steps after they are completed.

It is in fact, I think a great way to learn hammer technique. I
understand you are moving the hammer based upon a visual reference, that
reference is extremely sensitive and can tell you very quickly if the
string has been rendered and is staying put. As you translate to "by
ear" tuning this same hammer technique applies.

Richard  Oliver Snelson