SAT Mystery

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:58:22 EST

Dick Day wrote;
<<" ........................Or anybody that can solve this
mystery.">>

Dick;
 I have tried doing the same thing that you describe...it don't work. :-)
Stored tunings in the SAT have something stored for that tuning but it is the
partial rather than the fundemental..as I understand it. Thus the SAT may
tell you something that you don't understand but it demands that what you
tell it be understandable. In other words a 'stored tuning' can't be used for
chipping purposes or even for vast movements of the strings such as in the
first tuning on a new set of strings. In order for the SAT to give you
accurate readings that you can understand the tuning has to be closer than
you will find in a typical first tuning.
 The way to use the SAT to get in the ballpark on the 'first' tuning is just
use the generic semi chromatic tuning that pops up after you push the "tune"
button right after turning th unit on. Tune through one time with that and
then the 'stored tunings' will work just fine. I usually tune thingees twice
on the 'generic' tuning before calculating FAC numbers for that particular
instrument. After FAC numbers are figured I store that tuning in a page I use
for rebuilding and use it from then on. Why does this seem to work ? I don't
know...... but it seems like Dr. Coleman explained that the 'generic' tuning
button uses the fundemental only ?
Jim Bryant (FL)