Average person's perception....

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:08:33 EST

In a message dated 12/7/00 10:44:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> > When I went to study piano work, a girl I was speaking to basically mocked
> > me.  P-I-A-N-O  T-U-N-I-N-G!???
> > After I came back, I met her.  She asked me what I was doing and suddenly
> > "oh yeah P-I-A-N-O  T-U-N-I-N-G, that was it"
> > And what was she doing?  Working in a bakery, getting fatter every
> > day.  And I was making MUCH more money, but it was still a stupid job.

Dear Kristinn,

     I have found that people have no clue how complicated an instrument like
the piano is. In fact, after touring our facility (17 rebuilders & finishers)
the general reaction is dumbstruck awe followed immediately by sincere
admiration.

     Most people simply don't know the type of training that we, in our
industry, have to put in. When I ask my seven year old where we get milk, she
says, "From the carton" - with a look on her face that says "Dad, how can you
be so dumb!"

     Remember, education must happen before appreciation can.

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co. & Factory
Philadelphia, Pa.
1 (800) 394-1117