To Bob.../Barb

Robin Blankenship itune@firstsaga.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:23:05 -0500

Every lady is a woman. But, not every woman is a lady.
Robin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 10:57 PM
  Subject: Re: To Bob.../Barb

  "I find it interesting that the ones getting upset about this are men. =
 I have one question:  Is it really the choice of adjectives?  or is it =
the gender of the person using that adjective?"

  Hi Barb. I was actually thinking just the opposite. It occurred to me =
that even I might interpret a man using the sh#$ word in a post to be =
inappropriate - maybe becuause I would assume he was trying to be crude. =
With a woman using the mild little s word - especially in the context =
that Maria did - I am more apt to think it is cute and colorful, and not =
meant to be crude, but rather to be a bit of an exclamation point =
(especially if it and other offensive-to-some words are not used =
repeatedly).

  It may be the men who are of the opinion that women should stick to =
housework, the kitchen, and raising babies who may well have a mindset =
consistent with your quote above.

  Terry Farrell
  Piano Tuning & Service
  Tampa, Florida