Burnout

Wed, 06 Dec 2000 18:05:32 +0100

Bob... in many places in Europe these English swear words are not really
understood so well. Maria is Sweedish, and here in Scandinavia the worst of
American cussing sounds kinda cute to Viking ears... believe me it used to
bother me a lot, but then after a while and many experiences of hearing old
ladies exchanging the most fantastics of dialoges completely innocent of
knowing exactly how awfull they sounded to my ears... I started to laugh
about it.

Of course you are right in pointing out that we should refrain from such
talk on an English speaking, American based list. But look before you leap
at her if you will... To Scandinavian ears... the worst imaginable cus
words have to do with things like the Devil... not body excrements...
frankly its difficult for many Europeans to understand what this strange
fascination for bodily excrements and functions Americans seem to have.

So Maria... grin.. you are excused this time, and I am sure Bob retracts
his comments of unproffesionalism for at least this one time. But be
aware... these words we take to be so harmless fall hard and unsavory on
American ears.. so please refrain.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.