Historic Pitch Emergency - Help!

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 15:36:44 -0800

Hey you all
Recently I put a board in a 1872 Swy. style 1. FOUND THAT A PITCH LEVEL OF
a- 459 WAS REQUIRED TO  even begin to get adequate tonal response. I suggest
taking string length measurements at note 88 or 85 and elsewhere.crunch
these quickly  however and compare them to something modern. If tensions are
way low then the piano was scaled for higher pitch level. See anniversary
edition of P.T.J.  two months back .Excellent info on historical pitch .
Dale Erwin R.P.T.