HOLD OFF(should be FAQ)[i.e. political]

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 12:37:33 -0600

Ric my friend,
At 06:06 12/05/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>    So.....I just can't pass up commenting on
>the latest "ruling" from Fla.  The Judge said, in effect, "You can't examine
>machine rejected ballots unless you can prove they will be in your favor by
>some other means than examining them."  Where the heck did this "opinion"
>come from, an alligator oracle?

Would my checking the tuning, string by string, of a piano which has
already jumped out of a pickup at least twice, and has lost some of it's
cha... er... ah... keys in the process, realistically make a difference?

Likewise, I can't pass up commenting... ;-}

 From up here, we can't tell the difference between 'Gator and Seminole
oracles, but that judge is a registered Democrat, so the opinion certainly
couldn't be from the Gore _or_ Bush camps.  So where did he come up with
those rulings?  From his interpretations of the LAWS passed in Tallahassee
and Washington, DC, their several COURT interpretations and other pertinent
precidents.

You are not alone in your unhappiness of the events surrounding this
election.  Election laws are written by the state legislatures.

Before (not after) the next election:

1. Research what your state's rules and regulations are concerning
registration, voting and counting procedures.

2. If you are not happy with what you find, talk with your STATE legislator
to try to change them.

If you, or I, do neither one, neither one of us will have legitimate
grounds for complaint in the future.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Education is the best defense against the media.