NPR- Abrasive Surfacer, (Planer)

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:17:25 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Clark <caccola@net1plus.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 7:43 AM
Subject: Re: NPR- Abrasive Surfacer, (Planer)

> Ron Lindquist wrote:
>
> > Also interested to learn if you can get the abrasive belts in
> > different materials for ivory and plastic removal.
>
> This is gross, I think - why not save the ivory, as it's kind of scarce?
> You can send chipped sets to me.
>

> Clark

Same here.  I am beginning to think flush front ivory is better than
replacing with plastic.  With keyboards missing up to 20 ivories using
chiped fronts and filing/sanding them flush  is becomming more attractive to
me.  This is of course in instruments under $3000 in value, but the value
climbs each year I think.   ---ric