Ron's Pearl River virginity experience

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:17:08 +0200

Hi, I've be wading through a weekend of posts, I agree with you on the Pearl
Rivers, I dealt with a Grand and uprights and yes, Grand had same heavy
touch, though I had no oppotunitity to do anything other than tune it before
it went out. Uprights, sorry Verticals (were running an international list
here and have to keep thinking of everyones terminology) also mellow by
comparison to Yamahas of similar size. Noted problems are key levelling,
some notes sag - I feel that they have way too many thin punchings, and no
consistancy on tuning pin torque.

Brian Lawson, RPT
Johannesburg, South Africa