May Their Practice rooms be filled with 1098's

Terry Sheetz tsheetz@mediaone.net
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 07:18:52 -0600

I tune these new for delivery in a Seinway dealer's shop/warehouse. The three
in-house tuners spread the "opportunity" :-)  around so none of us has to do
them all, though it seems I as the rookie am allowed more frequent
"opportunity". On a day's tuning list of 10-15 various pianos we tend to tune
around them on the list until they are the only ones left. I was given two very
good suggestions about tuning them that really help. First, use the tuning
lever in a 10 o'clock position. Secondly, avoid taking the string high--this
helps the rendering problem as it is tough to get it back down stably.
Other suggestions?

Terry Sheetz
Associate