Old Chickering hammershank flanges

Les Conover locolesco@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:47:23 -0800 (PST)

Hello. Does anyone know of a source of the brass
flanges used on Chickering grand hammershanks 80 to
100 years ago?  I've check all the suppliers I know
of. None of the regular wooden ones makes a good
substitute. I know you can get the wippen flanges. By
the way years of pressure on the center pin will make
the brass of those wippen flanges spread out enough to
scrape the bushed fork of the wippens, causing
sluggishness. They don't make them like they used to.

=====
Les Conover, RPT
NM Chapter
Albuquerque, NM