Variable overpull percentage (was: Finishing where you started)

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 23:25:50 EST

In a message dated 12/2/00 12:23:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
larudee@pacbell.net writes:

> Agreed, but there is a big difference between having no problem and having
> a pitch raise so accurate that all it needs is a little touchup. Paul S.
> Larudee
> Richmond, CA DGPEAKE@AOL.COM wrote:
> >> I believe the overpull is 25% of the 2nd partial. Someone please correct
>> me
>> if I am wrong. (Jim, please pitch in). The SAT 3 is the same. I usually
>> measure the lowest note of the plain wire, offset for pitch raise, and
>> re-measure every octave or so.  I have no problems with doing a pitch raise
>>
>> using this method. Dave Peake, RPT
>> Portland Chapter
>> Oregon City, OR
>> www.davespianoworks.locality.com

Really? 100% of the time? Yes, sometimes it is so close that I hardly move
the pins. Other times it is still a little flat or a little sharp.