Busy in Nov/Dec!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Dec 2000 09:19:47 -0800

Hi Phil..or should i call you "Rook"?

Thanks for your response! I too, prefer calling my customers, as I have
found at least in my case, that they are more responsive and do indeed seem
to appreciate my calling to remind them. In my estimation we are also
"salesman" and if you're good at selling yourself and can communicate
effectively with your customer(s), than the tuning's in the bag!
I also find that humor is very helpful, and since I have experience as an
actor, comedian & ventriloquist, I can draw on lots of little fun things to
interject to win over even the brattiest little one! I also love to
purposely play something TOTALLY dissonant and "off-key", Immediately AFTER
the tuning is finished, and i say: "Wow, doesn't your piano sound better
now?" They laugh, then i play Chopin or similar pleasing piece.

Terry