Tech recommendation

Todd L Mapes foxmeadow@juno.com
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 22:13:57 -0600

David,

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm flattered.  However, I am nearly 3
hours from Little Rock, and really don't have any desire to build
clientele that far away.  I saw the previous post regarding Denele
Campbell and Bill Yick.  Denele is in Fayetteville which is another hour
in the opposite direction, and is inactive in our chapter at this time.
Bill is our chapter president and lives in Charleston, which is actually
about 2-1/2 hours away from Little Rock.  He would be most likely to know
who to contact, although in my discussions with him, Little Rock is
pretty hard up for good techs right now.  We have a couple of new chapter
members down there, but they are just starting to tune.  I'm not sure one
of them has even hung out his shingle, yet.  There are a couple names I
could give you to avoid, but that's better left for a private post and
inquiry.  I would recommend getting in touch with Bill directly or I can
talk to him next week and see what he thinks.  Bill is at BYick@aol.com

By the way, if anyone is thinking of moving to Little Rock to fill the
niche, I'd suggest checking out the HBO special from a few years back
called, "Banging in Little Rock" that featured all the various gangs that
are there.  Good footage of things I'd like to avoid (drive-by shootings,
drug deals in broad daylight, etc).  Supposedly, LR has one of the
highest crime rates per capita in the country.  Tell your client to
invest in a security system.

Todd L. Mapes
PTG Associate Member
Fort Smith, AR

On Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:35:48 -0600 Vanderhoofven <dkvander@janics.com>
writes:
> Ron,
>
> I would recommend Todd Mapes as a good technician near Little Rock,
>
> Arkansas.  He is a regular her on the list.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> David A. Vanderhoofven
> Registered Piano Technician
> Joplin, Missouri