Temperament Question

Keith Jones kjones@well.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:25:32 -0700

There has been alot of interesting discussion about temperaments lately,
and I have one more question for all you experts. I have a customer who has
been commissioned to write some music for a group that is very interested
in Just Intonation. She's a pianist and is very aware that she has been
listening to very wide thirds all her life. She won't necessarily be
writing for the piano, but I'd like to tune her piano in a temperament in
which she will be able to hear as much just intonation as possible. I have
Jorgensen's book, and have been looking at the Pietro Aaron temperament,
which has a lot of just thirds, but no just fifths; and the Kirnberger
which has some just triads. Question: which temperament has the most just
intervals, or which temperament do you think will give my customer the best
experience of just temperament.
Thanks, Keith Jones

Keith Jones Piano Tuning
kjones@well.com