arms too long (or, how far is the car?)

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:07:20 -0700

You seem to have my idea okay, Gina. My point was not that it is right or
wrong to include or exclude various services in a tuning fee. My point is
that for someone to decide to charge more because he or she walked to the
car is completely arbitrary. After all, we all decide what to keep in the
car and what to keep in our kits, and which details we will fix and which
we won't, and therefore how much walking to the car we will do.

Personally, I prefer to leave more discretionary money in a tuning fee, so
I don't have to fiddle with small additional charges. Therefore, I decide
to charge more if the total time spent on a job will be more than a certain
amount, leaving me free to visit the car without counting the trips.

Susan