Lacquer for hammers

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:32:39 -0500

A friend recommends Everclear in the place of Methanol for sizing bushings
like flanges and guidrails for health reasons.   A 19 year old girl here
just found out she has lung cancer and has never smoked.  Makes me wonder
about the stuff we techs inhale.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Susan Kline
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 11:57 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Lacquer for hammers

At 05:44 PM 08/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Susan,
>I also wonder about using better quality fast drying lacquer and it's
>effects.  Where do you get ultrablonde flakes?  Is that what Pamela
Anderson
>is???  I dated a flaky redhead once.. long story.
>
>Are ultrablonde flakes like the reddish brown stuff I have but purer
somehow
>like different qualities of hide glue?  Sorry 'bout the Pam joke, I
couldn't
>resist. %~)
>
>Lance Lafargue, RPT
>Mandeville, LA
>New Orleans Chapter
>lafargue@iamerica.net

I found them online, and the service seemed good. They also have a bleached
shellac, which I haven't tried yet.

See the website:
http://www.woodfinishingsupplies.com/

Not qualified to comment on flakey redheads. Flakey brunette, myself.
If you use anything but potable (drinkable) bulk ethyl alcohol (190 proof),
use
LOTS of ventilation. Your liver might get flakier yet ...

Best,

Susan Kline