Ivory key tops

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:23:56 -0400

At 09:29 PM 08/29/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there anyone amongst you who is without guilt....whoops wrong
>question (especially amongst this group).
>
>Is there anyone amongst you who can give my information with regard to
>ivory?  What I am particularly interested in is when was ivory keytops
>discontinued by american manufacturers?  Was the sale of ivory banned?
>If so, when?  Is it possible to get ivory for keytops today (would you
>believe I bought a complete set of new ivory heads & tails for $20 in
>1977)?
>
>As always, I am grateful for the benefit of your thousands of years of
>combined experiences.  I shall go and sin no more (believe that I'll
>tell you another one).
>
>John Gunderson, Bemar, NJ

When: Don't know/care

Banned: yes, old ivory still is banned.

New'er'  Ivory: yes, certificated 'pre-ban'

My choice for this work is Rick Grethe; Wells. Maine

HOWEVER, to repair a chip in ivory:
Richard Wagner's AcryliKey II

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask for it by name, because AcryliKey I  is still on the self and the
new product simplifies the color matching process (understatement).

Talk about finesse in matching color  . . .
A less-white, white and and a less-yellow, yellow
Oh, the possibilities . . .

Thirty minutes from scruff to buff    (Richard, how's that for a slogan?)

"Shop Approved",

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net