Pounding tuning pins.

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 00:19:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/2000 4:12:31 AM, Doug wrote:

<<"it leaves alot of run for
guess work in what the customer expects, has been told, and general mis/info
she knows about her piano.">>

 Yeah, ain't that the truth!

<<"At the request of rebuilder, I was called the first time about 7 months
ago to appraise the situation and tune it.">>

This certainly speaks well for the "rebuilder", on the surface at least.

<<"The  piano at that time had been tuned four or five times after the
rebuild job.">>

 Because of the way you worded this I can't tell for sure just how many times
this thingee has been 'tuned'..................

 When a restringing job leaves the shop it has been chipped twice, rubbed
twice (gently), tuned from 10 to 14 times, .......dang I LOVE the SAT for
this!!! :-)............ terminations straightened, bridge pin terminations
pushed down, coils lifted and tightened...........and I still tell my
customers that it will take 'at least' twelve months for the tuning to
"settle" down.

This is just what I do and others may have differing mileage figures.
Jim Bryant (FL)