Piano Value

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:41:36 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/00 5:37:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
keyboard@cysource.com writes:

<< Hi All,

 I need to get whatever information I can about a Hundai (not sure of
 spelling) grand piano.  Said to be between 5'8" and 6', purchased in 1994
 for $7000.  I would appreciate any and all opinions about the piano, the
 company and (very roughly) what that piano 'should' be worth.

 I have not seen the piano and I haven't heard of the company so I'd
 appreciate any info I can get.

 Thanks. >>

I sell the Hundayi, and even I can't remember how to spell the name. They
make a 5'7" and a 6'1". The 6'1" sell for $13,000 new and the 5'8" is $2,000
less. They are made by Samick. Not a bad instrument, for the price.

For a piano that is 6 years old, I would put an in home value of about 50% -
60% of retail, provided it is in excellent condition.

Willem Blees