Go Bars

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:23:46 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/00 11:35:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Hi List Folks. I am shimming a couple of soundboards (ala Spurlock/Bolduc).
 I will be using go bars (top end on shop ceiling) to clamp the shims to the
 soundboard. Do any of you have any practical knowlegde to share regarding
 dimensions of the go bars for moderate pressure (I know I do not need tons
 of pressure for a little spruce shim). I have some nice clear 3/4"-thick red
 oak. What is suggested for cross-sectional dimensions and length (how much
 extra length to put in bar)? My ceiling is about 5 feet above the boards. I
 know that ultimately I will be experimenting alot, but some input would
 start me in the ballpark. Thanks for any good input!

 Terry Farrell >>

If you don't want to invest in a lot of 5' go bars, use hammer shanks under a
2 x 4 clamped across the rim.

Willem