Players

Ed Carwithen edwithen@oregontrail.net
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:01:55 -0700

Dear List:

  I have a player mechanism in my shop.  I have removed all of the old
stiff tubing from the tracker bar which take the air to the action.  BUT
now am having trouble getting the new neoprene tubing back over the ends of
the fragile brass tubes of the tracker bar and the fragile lead tubes at
the other end.
  I have tried heating the neoprene end in hot water, and I have tried
stretching the opening, but that doesn't seem to help.  There must be a way
to get the tubing over the other parts smoothly.  It took 15 minutes to get
one in place.  At that rate it will take 15 X 88 to finish.  There has to
be a better way.
  If Reblitz addresses this in his PlayerPiano book I can't find it.

  Any Suggestions????

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR