verdigris question

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:55:27 +0200

> In a message dated 8/27/2000 1:28:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Pppdude@cs.com
> writes:
>
> >  I am not a piano technician, so I'm interested to know if there is there is
> >  an accurate way to diagnose this problem (without calling in a technician),
> >  and if there are any new and exciting ways to treat this problem that I
> > could  suggest to the owner.

The best advice you can give... assuming you really do want to give your freind
some good advice... grin.. is to have them call in someone who know what the heck
they are doing. I hate to sound like I am jumping all over you for this... but
really... working on pianos is a profession, and requires someone who treats it as
such. With very rare exception indeed, non schooled tinkerers end up just mucking
it up and costing the owner way more money then they had to deal with in the first
place.

Course if you insist on being able to "save your freind a couple hundred bucks or
so...grin"  go for it... you know... just try any old thing... mix up a few toad
stools with a couple parley mint leaves, add a couple hocus pocus's and watch the
darn thing explode...

When you want real help tho... call a qualified technician and get it over with...
:)
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.