Fourth Pedal

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:12:35 -0400

Up our way, the Bell piano out of Guelph, Ontario occasionally had a fifth (and possibly) sixth pedal. Aside from the usual operation of the extreme left and right, their was the rinky-tink, the shank block (for silent play), the muffler felt (for quiet play) and possibly sostenuto or bass sustain.

Rare indeed!

In Angelo's case, it sounds like this one is meant to prevent hammer and key movement for finger exercises without all the wrong notes.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario