Roger action Geometry

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:49:43 +0200

Jon Page wrote:

> At 10:37 PM 08/24/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>

> Bolster the knuckles and  the letoff, drop screws capstans will all need to
> be turned down,

I did this last year... the action was in such a state it was nearly unplayable.
Time allowances permited only the most neccessary of operations as there were 8
grands that were in serious need of basic wear and tear control. Hammers reshaped,
basic aftertouch priority regulation done, and general cleanup. This year I get to
dig in a bit more on these.

The Petrof was nearly impossible to retreive from the keybed at that point and I
actually broke serveral flanges getting it out. The sticker is non removable.
Bolstering the knuckles  helped somewhat, but they are still a problem, and in
anycase the action plays very inconsistantly and ...well its got problems...grin.

I'll give you a full "symptoms report" when I get started on it.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.