For Jack Wyatt

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:36:41 -0100

James Turner wrote:

> Too bad some piano company didn't pick-up on this [Hickman's] action and
> install it in their pianos.

What I've read suggests its simplicity presented a similar problem to
the more complicated Staib-Abandschein, that retooling would have been
substantial. This doesn't preclude it from happening, though - observe
Ron Over's upcoming kit, for instance.

What's the Hickman like? I can't wait to see a diagram.

Did S-A offer a grand action also? There was mention here a few months
ago of an action, I think from a brand that included their upright
design.

Clark