Fun polishing BR pins :-)

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:16:01 PDT

A job I hate, I save up all the balance rail pin polishing for years if
necessary until I have a new apprentice.  This time, however, there was no
way out of it, there was no one to do it but me :-(

Miracle of all miracles!  I found an easy way!  No skinned knuckles!  It was
actually fun!

Discovered some hand-me-down carpet samples yesterday.  1/2" pile nylon
carpet.  Cut two strips 6" x 1 1/2".  Held them back to back and shoeshined
between pins!  Eureka!  Beautiful! Easy! Fun!  Sometimes only used one
strip.

Carpet strips worked great to polish capstans too.  Now looking for
something else to polish!  Will polish for food!

Diane