Decal placement rule of thumb

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:17:45 -0500

The first or second letter of the name should go above middle C.  For height
you could mark the old position on a piece of paper and reposition the new
one according, or tape it on and move it up and down until a picture hanging
expert would agree. Using the half of the length of the fall board can throw
it off because the bass cheek block is usually wider than the treble.  They
don't call it middle C for nuthin.      ---ric

> My rule of thumb for fallboard decal placement is centered left to right
on
> the fallboard and about 1/2" above centered top to bottom on the face
> (bottom of board to bottom of lip). Although factories were never that
> precise or consistent this usually works for me. I have a piano where this
> doesn't look quite right (original decal was missing and misapplied) and
I'm