Yamaha series

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:38:52 -0600

At 09:10 PM 21/08/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Victor,
>These are healthy pianos, and kind of rare. I heard that this instrument was
>made at the same factory that the 9' pianos are made at.  Hang onto this
>one!
>Dan Reed
>Dallas Chapter

Hi Victor,
               Dan is correct, the S series pianos are completely hand
crafted, Currently CF111S,
S4 and S6 are built in a seperate facility. The plates are traditional sand
cast, and not V pro.
Many of the S4's that we saw, would hold their own with the very best from
Europe, for tone, touch and cosmetic detailing.  In my book the S4 is the
finest piano that Yamaha makes.  Beautifully balanced.
Pity about the price though.
Regards Roger.
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.