Humidity Change and Unisons

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:13:49 -0500

>Hi Ron,
>
>So your *take* is that the bridge is rolling to some extent? And that the
>uneven tail lengths cause the smearing of the unisons?

Hi Don,
No, my take is that the bridge is rising and falling with the soundboard
crown with humidity swings. I didn't say a thing about bridge roll. The
rest of it doesn't quite sum up in a sentence. Did you read my reply to
John? The entire string length, all the friction points, and the
proportions of one section to another, and the front scale (from the
bridge) to the back scale, have to be taken into account.

Ron N