Humidity Change and Unisons

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:17:12 -0400

>John
>I'm so easy to convince because I am in my right mind as you must be.
>However I did like the suggestion also that the wrest plank expansion may
>account for some small part of the change especially since the right pin
>would have more movement than the center and left.
>
>Larry Messerly, RPT

Larry,

I rule out any pinblock growth as Marcel suggested because the right string segment to the tuning pin is shorter on an upright and longer on a grand.

The sharpness of the tri-chord's right string at this time of year has to be on account of the shorter distance from bridge to plate. If there's a tail end duplex and the right string is sharper than the left, I think I'll go into politics.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario