Tilter comparisons

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 09:18:08 -0500

>...Are you saying you have the APSCO model?...

Yes, and no.  Most likely the ones I have I purchased from Tuners Supply
Company when they were in business.  The Portable Piano Tilter advertised
in APSCO's catalog appears to be the same concept.

>I'm really looking for someone to say that the
>APSCO model is strong enough to do every job...

There is no reason to doubt it doesn't.  Why APSCO even states in their ad,
"...assures one man operation for turning any vertical piano on its back."
I don't recall a time when the models I have weren't strong enough, though
it's conceivable there might be an exception to the rule someday.  Can't
imagine it.

>Also, where does the "excess space" occur.  I'm afraid I'm having a hard
>time visualizing this.
>Todd

Underneath or lower back where the tilter feet hook up with the piano.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild