Liftrod Woes

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:20:06 -0700

Clyde, it seems to me that since it was probably broken for
many years, or possibly even before it was broken was crooked,
that someone may have adjusted the treble damper levers to
make up for the bad alignment. So, when the dampers are sitting
in the air on the bench, they look straight, but they are not
straight with the strings.

Of course, you can take the time to bend them individually to
where they will lift evenly, and then bend the spoons, too. It
would work that way -- but what a fuss!

Or, you can take the rod back out and bend the hangers, put it
in and try it, take it out and adjust it, put it in ---- etc.
but what a fuss!

Do tell us what you decide to do ...

Susan