A funny thing happen on the way to the treble . . .

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:48:47 -0400

Tuning the grand wasn't hard enough with all the waite staff enroute
by the piano on their setup chores. It wasn't so bad either when they
had to shout above the tuning to carry on their conversation from across
the room. And when the vacuum started up, fortunately it was mostly on
the other side of the room. But when one waitress with a high pitched
voice started whining about her boyfriend I thought it couldn't get any
worse until she started throwing silverware into the drawer.

At that point I had to stop and reflect, have a little chuckle; and then
proceed to work as fast as I could.

Hazard pay,

Jon Page

PS I forgot to mention the waiter who intermittently whistled the note I was
attempting to tune.  I would have liked to thrown some of that silverware
at him.  :-)