M&H and S&S serial numbers

Thu, 17 Aug 2000 05:40:52 -0500

Re: M& H numbers

In the interest of science,  I just looked over the 1915 vintage  "A" we
have in a practice room.   I found the number handwritten several times on
keyslip and front of action frame, but the only definitive factory marking
was on the underside of the music shelf,  in the center.   The finish had
flowed into and mostly filled the numbers, but they were visible holding it
the right way.

Re: S&S numbers

Easiest place to see is the underside of the keyslip, but there are lots of
other places.

©Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Live such that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry.