new pins

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:11:42 -0700

Dick,

I've been going with original pins more and more lately, as long as there
seems little risk of them going loose and as long as the restringing
procedure uses a dummy pin to make the coils first and then slip them over
the old pins.  That way you only have to turn the pins out one turn and back
one turn.  They end up about as tight as they were before you restrung.  Once
you get used to it, it takes about the same time as replacing pins.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA