N.P.T.A?? going?

Linda Stråhle linda.laserbeam@home.se
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:04:28 +0200

Hello Richard B.

I just found out that I am going to the nordic pianomeeting in Denmark,
are you going to??
Would be nice to meet you.

I'm going with Leif Samuelsson, Andre Studentchi and Jonas Svensson. All =
coming from south of Sweden.

I don't know so many norwegians, have only met Odd Aanstad once.

It will be nice to get together with some collegues.
Eric Cristiansen, the man who do the french polishing seminar is very =
interesting. He is one of the old still living pianobuilders in Denmark. =
He was the last workshopchief at Hornung & Moller.=20
In his workshop he has among all other stuff a hammerhead drilling =
mashine build together with a singer sewing-mashine. The ones you =
operate with paddeling your feet on a plate under the table.

On my way out from his place I noticed a big copper container with a =
litte tap on the bottom.=20
I asked what it was and he said, -Guess!!=20
Then he disappeard to his backroom with a big smile
and came back with a big tubeshaped woodthing. And said, -Guess!!!!
I did'nt have a clue.
Then he opened the tube and got out a huge thermometer sized like a =
cucumber.
It was a termometer to measure the alcohol % In the container.
( it was no alcohol in it now )
This was used in the old days at the factory for the frensh polishing.=20
When you do shellackpolishing it must be at least 92 % I learned. =20
They burned their own alcohol at the factory.=20

That was just a little of all the fun stuff he has at his place...

I hope you are going.

Linda Str=E5hle
SPTF
Malmoe, Sweden