Correct strike point

AAAPianoServic@AOL.COM AAAPianoServic@AOL.COM
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:09:12 EDT

I understand there is a mathematical formula to figure the correct strike
point on a string.  Can someone please let me know what it is?

I am attempting to correct a very bad hammer replacement job on the top 1/3
of a Baldwin Hamilton console action.  I am working under the assumption that
the strike line should be straight and the hammer angle on the shank should
be the same.  I don't want to duplicate the last horrid job so I need to
start from scratch.

I am replacing the shanks because the height was uneven and I had to redrill
the hammers because the angles were way out of proportion.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Streit
Associate