Question regarding Well Temp. Tuning

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:00:24 -0400

Ed, Richard, AND Everyone,

Value judgements are _always_ based on the perception of the individual.

Let's not get into another ET or HT bashing series PLEASE! Discussions -
great; non-acceptance of other's views - not great! For those of you who
tune only in ET - that is your option. For those of you who tune only in
HT - that is your option. For those of you who tune both - that's your
option too.

Ed you made two statements:

>Based on what I am seeing,
> there are a growing number of pianists that, after being introduced to the
> alternatives, use words other than "delightful" to describe ET .  "Boring"
> "tedious" and "edgy" are three common adjectives I hear.

And some of us have had the same kind of negative statements describing HT
tunings we have done on pianist's pianos.

and

>After 5
> years of providing these tunings, I have had six customers that wanted to
> return to ET.

Currently I service quite a few customers whose pianos were tuned in HTs by
other technicians. These customers called me because they did not like the
HT tuning and were embarrassed or just didn't want to debate with the
technician who previously tuned their piano in the HT.

More power to any technician who strives to serve the customer in what he or
she considers to be the best possible way. As long as the technician takes
into account the customer's needs, desires, and pocketbook, our profession
is better served.

My two cents.

Gina